Civil litigation is conducted within a complex framework of rules setting down law and procedure. As one of our clients you can be assured that we have an impressive track record in dealing with a broad range of civil litigation cases from the small claims court to the High Court.
We understand that budget is important and will always advise you whether legal costs are likely to be proportionate at the outset of your case. Whether you are bringing a claim, or defending a claim, you can rely on our expertise in negotiation to seek settlement where possible.
In most instances we also offer fixed-fee preliminary consultations. A consultation will help you to understand the legal and practical issues relating to your case and allow you to make an informed decision about what action to take.
City Law Solicitor’ s experienced team can:
- Provide advice to those contemplating litigation or subject to the threat of litigation.
- Draft Letters of Claim and Letters of Response
- Engage in pre-action negotiations in an attempt to seek resolution before litigation.
- Instruct experienced counsel to assist you in all stages of litigation, including applications and at trial.
- Arrange for properly formulated pleadings
- Prepare evidence in support of a pleaded case.
- Consider whether there is scope for mediation or any other form of alternative dispute resolution.
- Advise on whether it is appropriate to make a ‘without prejudice’ offer and, if so, the timing and compensation of the offer.
At City Law we pride ourselves in offering a quality service at competitive rates. Nevertheless, litigation can be expensive. Therefore at the outset of your case we will conduct a cost benefit analysis with you (for example, if your case succeeded would your opponent able to pay any judgment or costs order?) We will talk you through this process. At all times our aim is to give you the best and most practical legal advice at a fair price. We offer fixed-fee preliminary consultations. A consultation will help you understand the legal and practical issues relating to your case and allow you to make an informed decision about what action to take.