- Our total liability to you for a breach of your instructions (whether in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), statute or otherwise) shall be limited to three million pounds (£3,000,000) including any legal or other fees you incur (“the Liability Limit”), unless we expressly state a higher amount in the Summary. We can only limit our liability to the extent the law allows. In particular, we cannot limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- Any claims against us must be made within 18 months of the date on which we complete the work or cease acting for you and must be made in writing providing sufficient detail to enable us to consider the merits of your claim. Unless we have already settled that claim with you, you must also commence proceedings within 2 years of the date on which we complete the work or cease acting for you.
- We will only be liable to you for any reasonably foreseeable losses directly caused by our negligence (and up to the ‘Liability Limit’ as defined below) and which have been processed in accordance with the timescales set out above.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of the Terms and the Engagement Letter, we will not under any circumstances be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence and breach of statutory duty), statute or otherwise for any indirect or consequential losses (including but not limited to pure economic loss, loss of profit, loss of business, contracts, revenues or savings and like loss, including any increased costs and expenses).
- Any exclusions from and limitations of liability set out in the Terms and Engagement Letter shall be considered to be severable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any one term shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other term.
- You accept and acknowledge that our services are being provided by ‘City Law Solicitors’, which is a company registered in England and Wales with number 09223601. A list of the directors’ names is available for inspection at our registered address. Any reference to a partner is not a reference to a director, but to a senior employee or consultant who is a lawyer of equivalent standing. You hereby acknowledge that our services are being provided by our partners, employees, consultants and other staff for and on behalf of ‘City Law Solicitors’ and that they are not providing those services in any personal capacity to you. Consequently, you hereby consent and waive any rights which you may have to claim directly against any partner, employee, consultant or other member of staff of ‘City Law Solicitors’.
- Where we work with a professional firm which limits its liability in any way, our liability in relation to that matter shall be limited to the amount which would have applied had the other professional firm not so limited its liability.
Please ask if you would like us to explain any of the terms above.